I’ve been tagged by www.vevivos.com and theoliversmadhouse.wordpress.com in this meme that’s all about Getting to Know You.
The rules are simple:
– post 5 random facts about yourself
– choose 5 other deserving blogs
with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
– tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs
– answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate
– no tag backs
Here are 5 random facts about me:
1) I Had childhood Epilepsy. My last seizure was in 2002 (I was 22). Although I had them from birth I was not diagnosed until I was 14. before then the doctors had told my mother she was being over protective (if you met my mum you would realise how funny this is) The meds made me ill so at 15 I taught myself how to meditate and could pretty much control them with that.
2) When I was younger I wanted to be a radio talk show host or radio psychologist. I have a BTEC in Media, communications and Radio production and a degree in Psychology and Counselling…wonder if I could still do it?
3) I suffer with mild social anxiety. This means it’s often an effort to make myself attend new places or join a large group of new people. So much so that I have missed out on baby groups and fun things for the kids to do. I’m working on it.
4) I hate Milk, it makes me sick. I don’t eat yoghurt or anything with cream in. Cheese, butter and chocolate are all good though (despite the damn migraine they give me) **munches on twix and a buttered cheese sarni!**
5) I had a mole removed from my left leg when I was 7 as they thought it was cancerous (It wasnt) I now have a lovely long 1 Inch x 1cm scar where it was removed.
And my questions to from them are:
1. Why did you start a blog?
I was inspired by some of the blogging Mummies I met on Twitter, especially MammyWoo (go find her, you won’t regret it!) I tried to avoid being another mummy blogger as I didn’t want to step on anyones toes and didn’t think I was good enough. However being a mummy is such a huge part of who I am and my journey of self discovery that I found myself writing about them more and more. So after a break I came back to it and changed my blog name to embrace my mummy journey. It’s still all about ME ME ME ME though!
2. Which is your favourite day of the week and why?
I like Thursdays. This is when I see my clients in the counselling service I volunteer for. This is when I am truly me…doing what I adore to do…Just wish I could earn a living at it.
3. What is the most memorable day of your life so far
There are many memorable moments. My graduation, the birth of my children. I’m going to choose November the 5th 2007. This is the day my Big Princess came home from the hospital – 2 weeks (ish) after she was born as she had been really poorly. This was earlier than anyone had expected her to come home…those fireworks each year mean so much more than they ever did now.
4. Who is your biggest idol?
Wow. Ermm……I don’t think I have one. There are many who inspire me due to their courage, strength and talent. I don’t look up to anyone …I’m going to go with my children. They motivate me, inspire me and often leave me in awe at their determination, caring personalities and their ability to love me when I find it hard to feel that way about myself.
5. What is your favourite piece of music?
I would like to put a super cultured response here, Mozart, Bach… but I can’t as I have no clue. My taste in music is so eclectic and changes with my mood. I’m a little rocker at heart, but I also love soul – Al Green
and Otis Reading are my go to chill out artists they go great with wine or whiskey (not both)
Back in March I was tagged in a Q & A by Mummy Stuff
I never got around to doing it, so I am adding it on the bottom here & tagging her in this Meme too. Sorry Debs x
Now for my Q&A;
1) What’s your all time favourite movie?
What Dreams May Come
2) What’s the furthest you have ever travelled and was it business or pleasure?
Pleasure…not far, I think Tunisia is the furthest?
3) If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
I would be a Kumquat…I just love the name, it always makes me giggle inside my head like a child and can be found in posh restaurants (I wish)
4) What is your perfect day out?
Out on the bikes with the kids, a picnic and not knowing where we are going (probably park or beach though)
5) If you could morph into an animal, which animal would it be and why?
I want to be a hedgehog. I love them, Snuffle around at night, roll up onto a ball and sleep for months and prickle anyone who tries to pick me up or generally irritate me.
6) What was your favourite TV programme when you were a kid and what did you like the most about it?
I loved prisoner Cell block H…I used to sit and watch this on a night with my dad, after he got in from work an everyone else was asleep. These were my favorite moments.
7) Night owl or early bird?
8) It’s your last meal ever. What do you choose?
Pizza and Chips followed by Tiramisu and an espresso (Or Nanny Plums Jelly Flood to escape the reason it’s my last meal ever!)
9) What do you like most about your life?
I’m struggling at this right now, but my children are the most consistent beings in my life that make me smile…so I love that they are in my life
10) What do you dislike most about your life?
That I never learnt to listen to my needs or value my own judgement and opinions until I had children. I would have made a lot of different decisions
11) Your dying wish….?
My children to be happy. healthy and not to ever have to worry about money in any shape or form.
Ok so Tagging yes I know there are only 4…I need to be more social I think. (some of these bloggers have not posted in a while and I really think they should…so here is a nudge!) and questions:
A Blonde Wife
A real Mummy Diary
Trying to land on mother earth
1, If you could have 3 wishes what would you wish for?
2, What are you addicted/obsessed with?
3, 1 thing that really makes you angry
4, 1 thing that really makes you happy
5, What is your perfect idea of relaxation?